AFOC Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Damon POV

The nurse’s gaze roams over me as she takes my blood. The tsking and loud sighing tells me everything I need to know about what she’s thinking. It’s along the same lines as my dad, who’s silently sitting in the corner.

He won’t meet my eyes. I’m sure he’s two parts angry from last night and three parts livid from just an hour ago. The manager that accepted my two-week notice was the one I’d had sex with recently. I saved her from charges by promising I won’t go back for my last two weeks.

The heat of embarrassment floods through me as the nurse hands me a paper gown and asks, “Have you noticed any lesions on or around your urethra or testicles?”

Fuck, kill me now. “No,” I answer in a voice gone high pitch.

She asks more questions like how many partners I’ve had in the last six months, etc. I answer in the same squeaky voice.

“The doctor will be in momentarily.” She closes the door behind her.

I look at my dad, who’s now standing. “If you’re okay here, I’m going to wait in the car.”

Relieved that he won’t be here for more of my humiliation, I tell him, “Yeah, I’m good.”

I put the stupid paper gown on after Dad walks out, getting it on just in time for the doctor to knock.

He walks in and shakes my hand. “Hi, Damon, I’m Dr. Stevens.” He drops my hand and fires off questions. “No blisters, spots or lesions? Any discharge from your penis, painful urination, painful ejaculation?” He doesn’t wait for an answer before he grabs my balls and says, “Cough.”

Fuck my life. “No, to all the above,” I answer while coughing.

He continues his investigation, prodding me and asking more questions. I answer each question as quickly as he asks. God, you end this now, I will never have sex again, I pray.

The doctor takes his gloves off. “Okay, Damon, it’ll be a couple of days for the labs to come back.”

I nod. “Am I good to go, then?”

“Yes, you are, and I suggest you get yourself screened every three to six months if you’re going to keep up the sexual activity.”

I ignore him, wanting him to leave so I can get my clothes on and get the fuck out of here. He finally does, and I quickly get dressed and all but run out of the clinic.

I slide into the car, slamming the door out of pure rebellion for the bullshit I just had to endure. Dad sits quietly, not starting the car. I hear the minutes tick by and it starts to worry me. “Dad?”

“What did the doctor say?”

I shrug. “That it would be a few days before my labs come in.”

“Everything else okay?”

Seriously? “It was fine, Dad. He fondled my balls, asked me about my dick.” I look over at him, angry at the entire situation. “This experience put me off of sex. Mission accomplished, I am scarred for life. Maybe I’ll hold out until marriage like golden boy Lucian.”

He slams a hand against the steering wheel. “You know what, Damon, considering the age of the women you’re having sex with—” He cuts himself off with a shake of his head and breathes deeply through his nose. “I’m glad everything looks good. I hope the tests come back okay.” He starts the car. “I’m taking you over to the center; Leah wants you to start training.”

I nod my head, still angry that he made me go through that shit.

“I know you’re angry and that you hate me. You made that clear last night when you said I wasn’t your real dad. But guess what? I might not share your DNA, but you are my son, and I love you.” His hands are tight against the steering wheel. 

I want to take back the words I said last night, but no matter how much I didn’t mean them, I can’t. Instead, I mumble, “Love you, too, Dad.”

He says nothing, but I see a partial smile appear as we pull into the center’s parking lot. When I walk in, Aunt Leah is there waiting for me with her hands on her hips.

“I will only tell you once.” I wait for her to continue, looking at the aunt I don’t have the best relationship with. I show her respect, but when she looks at me, I feel as if she doesn’t see me.

She takes a step closer to me, her brown eyes narrowing. “If I see or hear anything, or even suspect you’re having sex while you’re supposed to be working, you’re gone. I don’t give second chances.”

Words escape me. How the hell do I respond to what she just said to me? “I won’t have sex here, Aunt Leah.”

She rolls her eyes. “You better not.” She walks away, and I feel shame overcome me.

“Are you okay?” I jump, turning to see Sam standing there with her bright eyes appraising me.

“Yeah. It’s my fault this is happening.”

She tilts her head. “Yeah, it is. It’s big of you to admit that.”

I snort, “Yeah, red, really big of me.”

*AFOC*

Everyone is at the dinner table which gives me the creeps. There are only a few occasions that Mom has made us all eat at the table together. It’s big news or an event of sorts. I know there isn’t anything special happening, meaning they have news.

Mom clears her throat. “Your father and I want to discuss some things that are changing around here. I know we’ve been busy after getting home.”

I stay quiet. My opinion would not be good here, not after the last couple of days.

“Julie’s grandparents called me. After some discussion, your dad and I decided she can come live with us permanently.”

Julie squeals, hugging Sarah. They scream in delight, and the twins and Lily jump up and down. I look at my older brother; he’s smiling, too, along with Mike. Their smiles appear genuine. I don’t feel happy; I feel frustrated. 

“I know this is exciting, and we’re so happy to have you here, Julie, but this means a few new arrangements.” Her gaze turns to me, and I just know it’s going to affect me the most.

I scoff. “Yeah, let me guess. I’m giving up my room.”

Dad clears his throat. “It’s not like you won’t have a room. You’re going to the empty room on the third floor with Mike and Lucian.”

“That room isn’t empty, it’s being used for storage,” I argue.

Dad leans back in his chair, and the table goes quiet other than Wyatt’s babbling. “It’s all being moved to the space above the garage. Sarah will take your room, and then Julie will stay in the room she and Sarah are sharing currently.”

What a well laid-out plan. “Yep, sure, maybe I should just get started.” I storm off to my room and immediately turn my music up to blaring. I can’t believe this.

“Damon,” I hear a soft voice at my door.

“Come in.” I sit down on my bed as Julie opens the door, her eyes trained on the floor.

“I’m sorry, Damon.” Her voice trembles, and it breaks my heart. “I thought you’d be okay with me living here.”

I pat the bed next to me and she timidly walks over, taking a seat next to me. I look at her and see how different she is compared to my other siblings. Sarah, Lucian, and I all have Jake’s skin tone and brown eyes. Sarah and I have his attitude, from what I’ve heard. But Julie is pale with blue eyes, and she’s so sweet; almost more so than Lucian’s golden boy routine.

I know she had things rougher than even my brother and I had when we were younger. Her mother didn’t want her, Jake didn’t want her, and now her grandparents are ditching her.

I wrap my arm around her, pulling her to me. “Aw, sis, no. I’m super excited to have you here.” I take a deep breath. “I’ve just had a crappy day and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”

“That’s what Daddy E said. He said you had a rough couple of days and that we should give you space. But I just want to hug you and tell you that I’ll help you move your stuff. I’ll even help paint your room if you want.” Her bright eyes look at me with so much hope I can’t help but smile back.

“Thank you, sis, but I got this. I’ll come ask you if I change my mind.” I kiss the top of her head, realizing she’s just too good.

She leaves, and then Mom shows up in my doorway. “How was your day?”

I shrug. “Leah doesn’t have a high opinion of me, but it’s whatever. Mom, I really don’t want to talk tonight.”

I watch her eyes water as she nods her head. “Okay, baby. I’ll see you in the morning.”

I hate this feeling of disappointment. I know I disappoint her and everyone else. I’m just a big old pile of disappointment.

What feels like an eternity of time passes, and I think it’s just me and maybe Mike that are awake when my phone starts going off.

I need to see you now ~Trisha

My mind turns over, trying to place her... Shit, the shy girl from the party.

When, I type back.

Now

I go to Mike’s room to see if he can give me a quick ride, but his door is shut and the light is out. Shit.

“What do you want?”

I turn and see Lucian leaning against his door frame with his glasses falling down his nose. “I need a ride, can you help me out?”

He pushes off the door, crinkling his nose. “Dude, it's like, midnight. I’m not giving you a ride so you can go have sex.”

I roll my eyes. “Man,” I growl. “Please, I’ll give you some money. It shouldn’t take too long, and it’s not for sex.”

“Fine,” he concedes.

The ride is quiet as I give him the location where I’m meeting up with Trisha. She’s as cute as I remember her being. She’s leaning against her car, then as I watch, she paces back and forth, chewing on her thumbnail.

Lucian side-eyes me. “I have a terrible feeling, Damon.”

My stomach flips as I nod. I feel it, too. I think I truly fucked up.

I get out of the car, thinking I hear Lucian get out, too. “Hey, Trisha.”

Her face is blotchy as she stops and her eyes tell me before I hear her say it. “I’m pregnant.”

Fuck.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OutTake Lucian Ira Cullen

Eala Chapter 18

Driving Forces