Driving Forces Chapter 11 Teaser

My hands are clammy as I rest them on the wood of the podium. My heart is pounding in my ears as I swallow hard. My eyes never look up at the people waiting for me to speak. My entire body wants to bolt. I want to hide, but I don’t. I manage to get the words out.


Everything that I worried about didn’t happen. I still can’t believe that I did it. I told my story and Bella was there. She’s still talking to me, holding my hand, and being everything I need and even slightly more since hearing my story. It’s not long after Bella hugs me that I cry. And she holds me the whole time, humming me a soft melody.

I've had a few nightmares since telling my story, but nothing like they were in the months after my near-death experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving Forces

AFOC Chapter 16

OutTake Lucian Ira Cullen