Driving Forces Ch3 Teaser


Anxiety builds so quickly that sweat pours out of me. “I don’t know, Emmett…” I try to hurry up with some form of an excuse. “I don’t have a sitter for Emma.”

Emmett stands up. “Bells, can you add the lovely Emma to the hoard of kids tonight so this overworked gentleman can come out with us fun folk.” His voice is easily loud enough for her to hear.

The heels clicking on the floor seem to echo in my mind as my heart pumps in my ears.

“I would love to have Emma-bear with all the kids.” I look up at hearing the light-hearted voice Ms. Cullen uses when she talks about children.

I swallow hard, knowing I need to call Alistair to talk me into this. He has been telling me I need to go out with adults and socialize again. Turning to Ms. Cullen, I ask, “Are you sure, I don’t want you to feel overwhelmed.”

Her smile is radiant. “I’m positive. Go have fun, you deserve it. Emma will be in very safe hands.”

Biting my lip, I see no real way out if it. “Alright, I guess I’ll be there.”

Emmett fists pumps. “Fred’s down the block at five.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving Forces

AFOC Chapter 16

OutTake Lucian Ira Cullen