A Woman of Conviction Ch 16

Chapter 16
BPOV


I don’t think we would have made it to his apartment if we tried; the electricity of need between us is so strong that he crushes me against my door as I try to get it open.


“Edward, as much as I want you to fuck me against this door, let’s do it on the other side.”


He pulls back just enough that I can get the door open before he turns me to face him and picks me up by my ass, using his foot to kick the door shut. I wrap my legs around him and crush my lips to his. I can taste the wine on his lips, and I moan and grind against him as he walks us to my room.


Once in my room, I straighten my legs from his waist and slide them down until I’m standing on my feet. “I think we’re wearing too much clothing.” I step back, turning away so I can slip out of my dress. It falls to the floor and immediately I feel Edward’s lips on my shoulder.


A content sigh slips though my lips as his hands begin to wander and unclip my bra, which ends up the same way the dress does. He turns me to face him, his eyes so dilated with lust I almost come at the sight. He gently kisses me and moves his lips to my chin, neck, down between my breasts to my belly. His fingers hook onto my underwear and painfully slowly drag them down my legs. I didn’t think I could be this turned on. I hope I don’t drip on him while he’s down there.


He gives my skin light kisses that are followed by his hands going up my legs until he’s back at my lips. I pull away just enough to speak. “I think it’s time to get you out of your clothes.” My fingers are trembling with excitement and fear as I remove his jacket and start to undo his shirt buttons.


With his shirt off, his pants follow soon after. We fall back on the bed and I can feel his erection teasing my pussy as his lips tease my tits. My hands are in his hair trying to push him closer.


“God, Bella,” he says as he makes his way down where I need the relief the most. But it isn’t his fingers that I feel on my clit. Instead, his tongue works me in ways I never knew were possible. A moment of insecurity comes over me, because I’m not experienced with this.


But all that goes away with his nipping, licking and, oh god, his fingers. “Shit, oh, oh!” My body starts twitching and all I can see is white. I don’t know how long I’m on this high, but when I come down Edward is kissing his way back up my body.


“That feel good, baby?” he purrs into my skin.


I’m sure he wants an answer, but I can’t give a coherent one. I nod my head instead.


“I want to be inside you so fucking much.”


I can feel just how much. “What are you waiting for, then?” I lift my hips to meet his.


His eyes close and a hiss slips out. Edward's eyes open back up and they’re so dark with want and need. “Are you sure, baby?”


“I’ve never been so sure in my life.” I trace his lips before kissing him passionately.


“Condom,” he grunts, trying to restrain himself.


“I have the implant,” I tell him.


Edward shimmies out of his boxers, and I can feel him dip himself in ever so slowly. “Fuck, babe, you’re so tight.”


I try not to squirm away from the pressure.


“Are you okay, baby?” His tight voice tells me it's killing him not to just slam into me.


“Yes, oh, god, yes,” I moan as I put my hands on his back.


This must give him confidence because he starts to move fast and as I start to moan more the harder he thrusts himself into me.


I feel the buildup of something coming fast. “Yes, yes,” I chant to the gods, or better yet, Edward. I don’t remember sex being this good ever with Jake.


“You like me fucking you like this?” He pumps into me harder, making me cry out. I feel myself come undone again, and Edward grunts and lands his head in my neck, twitching like me.


I hum happily and run my fingers through his hair as Edward continues to lay on top of me catching his breath.


“I hope you know I didn’t plan this for our first date.” Edward pushes himself onto his elbows and looks down at me.


I smile. “I know, but I’m pretty happy that we did.”


His smile is breathtaking. “Me, too.”


We clean up and cuddle naked in my bed, followed by the best night’s sleep of my life.


In the morning we treat ourselves to a good wake up call.


After we dress, we go over and pick up Lucian and then meet Damon and the rest of the gang at the mansion that is Edward’s parents’ house to trick or treat together. Everyone fawns over the boys. I personally think Esme and Carlisle need some other grandkids. The boys make out like bandits with their candy haul and we spend Sunday relaxing and watching movies.


Monday comes too fast, and I find myself with paperwork out the ass and Edward is in a bad mood after his meeting with Jane Vasiliev; she wants to expand her brand of clubs or something. She was really stupid and I couldn’t concentrate.


I start going through the paperwork from that meeting, and start to organize everything in the filing cabinets. As I’m doing this, I notice a file named ‘Realty’. I can hear the blood pumping in my ears as I pull it out and open it. Everything in my gut is telling me that what I’m about to find is not good.


My building. Edward owns my building. I reread the statements and lease agreements over and over, trying to find some way to explain why Edward would not tell me that he owns the building that I live in.


“Bella, I need the Gotten file.”


I ignore him and continue to stare at the papers in front of me.


“Bella, seriously I need that…” He comes up next to me. “Bella?” His voice suddenly sounds panicked.


“Yeah, Edward?” I can feel myself shake with fury. “I’m curious as to why you didn’t mention that you own the fucking building we live in.” I throw the folder at him.


It hits him in the chest and he lets it fall. His eyes are wide. “I wasn’t trying to hurt you.”


I narrow my eyes at him.


His shoulders sag. “I just wanted to give you something that you and the boys needed and deserved.”


“And what, you didn’t think I could do it on my own?” I fire back, clenching my fists to my sides.


“Baby, no, I knew you could, I was just trying to help speed things up.”


“Do. Not. Call. Me. Baby!” I am so humiliated. Here I thought I was doing things on my own, and he owns everything; my entire life is owed to him.


“Bella.” He sounds heartbroken.


“I need to leave, tell Garrett to send the boys straight to Tanya’s.” I gather my things, ignoring Edward’s protests. I go down to Jasper’s office to talk to Tan.


Tanya is shuffling some papers when I arrive, and she looks puzzled at my presence. “Bella, it’s not lunch yet.”


“I need to stay at your place for a few days.” I try to keep my emotions in check.


“Bella, what’s going on?” She steps away from the desk.


“Edward, he—” I don’t know how to explain. “I just need someplace to hide out until I can get my head together.”


She embraces me. “Okay, sweetie, take my key and head over there.”


Worrying that Edward might be coming, I grab the key and quickly leave. It’s just going on noon when I get to the apartment. It’s quiet and exactly what I need to process what just happened.


Edward, the man I thought was so sweet, the man I gave my body to. I thought he was different than any man I have ever been with. But no, he’s been manipulating me. He pities me, and what’s easier than a slut to get into bed? A pitiful single mother trying to keep her head above water.


I stay in my catatonic state, staring out the windows when the boys come crashing in.


“Why aren’t we at home?” Damon questions me immediately.


“I needed a break, so we’re going to be staying here for a few days.” I keep my tears at bay, hoping that my smart kids don’t question me any further.


Damon nods his head and disappears to the kitchen while Lucian just stares at me with questioning eyes.


I try my best to divert him. “How was school today?”


My ten-year-old narrows his eyes at me. I’m starting to believe he is too smart for his own good.


“I had a good day until Garrett took us here instead of to the office. I have homework, and I need Edward’s help.”


I close my eyes; I hate this even more. My kids are emotionally attached to Edward, and why wouldn’t they be? He’s pretty much been with us every day for nearly four months.


“Um.” I clear my throat, trying not to cry at my huge mistake. “Why don’t you call Edward and see if you can do it over the phone?”


“I guess.” He walks away and goes into the guest bedroom that Tanya and Irina still have set up for them.


When my two best friends come home, they ask the boys to occupy themselves so they can interrogate me.


“What’s going on, Bella?” Tanya gives me some tea.


So I tell them. And they stare at me.


“Bella, sweetie, who did you think owned the building?” Tanya asks, using a gentle voice.


“It doesn’t matter, he should have told me upfront. What else could he be hiding from me? He’s completely taken over my life.”


Tanya and Irina calm me down with understanding and reassurances.


I send Edward an email saying I need two weeks to work from home. He responds in kind saying that it’s fine and that he hopes we can talk soon about the misunderstanding.


Misunderstanding. I want to shove that word up his ass so far. Ugh!


After two days at Tanya’s, I decide it’s time to go back to the apartment. I text Edward asking him not to come by until I’m ready.


Every day I get on the laptop and go into Edward’s accounts to work, and I conference call with Heidi. This is how it goes every day, and every day Lucian grows more angry and frustrated.


It’s been a week and four days since I laid eyes on Edward. I’m still conflicted; I know he’s a good man, but since I was eight I have been on my own. I have taken care of my kids on my own, and here I am, working for him, he owns the place that I live in, and I’m pretty sure he owns my kids’ hearts and he’s very close to owning mine. I should have known there was something going on when he took me to this wonderful apartment and told me rent was only five hundred dollars and everything was included. I just wanted to live somewhere where I didn’t have to worry about my kids getting bit by something or someone breaking in. I feel safe and at home for the first time in my life.


I rub my face. I am too conflicted.


My phone starts to ring; the caller ID says it’s the boys’ school.


“Hello?”


“Is this Ms. Swan?”


“Yes, this is she.” I feel dread taking over my entire body.


“I’m so sorry, but it appears that we can’t locate Lucian.” The woman sounds like this happens all the time.


“What? I’m sorry, I had to have heard you wrong?” My voice is steel and my body is numb.


“Lucian hasn’t reported to two of his classes. It appears he has left the school grounds.”


Breathe. In and out. “Is Damon still there?”


“Yes, we have him.”


“Okay, what is being done to find my child?”


“I suggest you come down and we’ll go from there. We’re going through some security tapes to see where he could have taken off to.”


“Okay, I’ll be there shortly.” As I hang up the phone, I realize I just want one person.


“Cullen,” he answers on the first ring.

“Edward, I need you, please.” And the tears fall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OutTake Lucian Ira Cullen

Driving Forces

Eala Chapter 18